Dr. Melissa Jackson is a Child, Adolescent, and Adult Psychiatrist practicing in Midtown Miami in the Wynwood/Design District. She is a double Board Certified Diplomate of the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology for children, adolescents, and adults. She is a member of the American Psychiatric Association, American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, American Medical Association, Florida Medical Association and International Society for Sports Psychiatry.
Dr. Jackson earned her Bachelor’s Degree in Microbiology with Honors from the University of Florida. She stayed at the same institution until graduating with her medical degree with Honors in Research. She completed her internship and residency in Psychiatry at Advocate Lutheran General Hospital in Chicago, followed by a fellowship in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry from the University of Southern California, where she was Chief Fellow.
Patients come for a variety of reasons, including ADD/ADHD, anxiety, autism, bipolar disorder, depression, psychotherapy, post-traumatic stress disorder, psychiatric medication review, pediatric anxiety and depression, pediatric bipolar disorder, and behavioral issues of all kinds. She works hard to create an open environment built on trust and respect. Dr. Jackson’s initial consultations typically last 75 minutes.
- Bay High School, Salutatorian
- University of Florida, Bachelor of Science with Honors in Microbiology
- University of Florida College of Medicine, Medical School with Honors in Research
- Advocate Lutheran General Hospital, Residency in Psychiatry
- University of Southern California, Fellowship in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, Chief Fellow
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, Psychiatry
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- American Psychiatric Association
- American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- American Medical Association
- Florida Medical Association
- International Society for Sports Psychiatry
- Health for Honduras, Founder
- Mission of the Heart, Board of Directors